Thursday, September 27, 2007

A somewhat photo and heading east

This was the one photo we got with my cellphone of Alice with Meredit Brooks. Pretty worthless really. If you look very carefully you can see Meredith kneeling down in the front of the stage. The little girl with her is Alice. Yeah, pretty lame. I just bought a new phone (I definitely am not one for the lastest and greatest in technology but when your phone won't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes and they no longer make a battery for that model, it's time to cave.) so hopefully the camera on it will be better. I'm also excited because it has a PDA on it that will sync up with my computer so I will now always have my calendar with me and won't have to worry about forgetting something between where I am at the moment and when I get home.

I wanted to let everyone know that we are heading out of town on Saturday. We are off to New York and New Jersey for 10 days. We usually head east during the summer to visit family but we held off this year until now so that we could go to Scott's 20th reunion at West Point.
Our absence will not affect the site in anyway. I'll still be available to answer emails and Wendy, Trish and Pam will be here getting all the orders out. If you have a question about your kit or anything along those line, it would probably be best to email either Wendy at wendy@cocoadaisy.com or mailbox@cocoadaisy.com. That way we can be sure to meet your needs as quickly as possible.

I'm very excited for our trip other than the trying to get everything squared away and everything packed in the next 36 hours. Actually I guess I'm excited to just be there. Traveling with Alice is always an adventure. Jack was always so good every time we flew. He is literally a world traveler so he has been on many a plane in his short lifetime. When he was small, other passengers and the crew always commented on how good he was.

Alice. A whole different story. In March I took the kids to Georgia and she was so awful that the woman across the aisle started screaming "SHUT UP!!!" at her. (I figure karma will catch up with that woman...). There were also many a flight that involved countless blowout diapers, vomit and baby wrestling. Oh, and she will NOT sleep no matter how long the flight. I will be very glad to be in Newark airport even if it will be after midnight.

My parents are coming up from Georgia and we will be staying with my sister and her family. Then we take off on Thursday and the kids stay with Marmee (that would be grandma) and my sister. I'm going to go play with Kristina in the city on Thursday and then Scott will meet me and we'll stay with some friends there.
The next day it's off to West Point. Oddly enough I went to high school there (and 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades) at the same time Scott was a cadet. My dad was actually in charge of his regiment. BUT, I didn't meet Scott until we were both in Georgia 5 years later. My parents were married there and we were married in the same chapel as them. For Army brats, that's serious tradition! For me, even though we no longer know anyone there, it's like going home. It's hard to believe we haven't been there in 10 years...

I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

3 comments:

casey boyd said...

Tricia have a wonderful vacation. Other than the flight it sounds like it will be a special time! We look forward to your return.

Ady said...

Have a wonderful vacation...

tanyawebster said...

keeping my fingers crossed for you to have a wonderful trip....after our last airplane travel we swore driving was the only option FOREVER!! LOL :) Cant wait to hear all about your adventure!!!