Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend fun and finally starting a blog!


Well... I'm finally going to dive into the world of blogs! I think I've avoided starting this for a while because I decided that my first entry had to be something profound. Now I've decided that my first entry should just be...
We had a fun weekend around here. Work Friday night, but that's the norm. Saturday morning I actually made it out of the house without two small children in tow, got my high maintenance coffee drink (what's wrong with a half-caf, skinny, sugar-free vanilla latte, aka, the "akward bitch drink" according to my British sister-in-law), and headed to the farmer's market. The market is definitely one of my highlights of Oregon summers. There is nothing like coming home with a half flat of fresh berries. I basically go into mourning when they are no longer available.
Then it was back to work for the rest of the day. In the late afternoon we headed downtown for the twice yearly wine walk. All the stores have wineries in and do tastings. It's a big social event and so fun just to be out walking around, running into friends and discovering new wines. We met us with some friends and then had sushi afterwards. It was a perfect evening (followed by a few hours of work!).

The next morning I was up bright and early, and on the road by 6 am (ouch!). But... to be greeted by a view of the sun rising over Mt Jefferson with a sliver of moon above it and the morning star above that, definitely made the 5:30 alarm worth it.

So what was I doing up so early on a Sunday morning? Antiquing of course! I met up with the Edwards, Emily, Jill and Paolo to head to the Coburg Antiques Fair. I was in search of chairs to reupholster and instead I found the coolest turquoise buffet that is going to look great in our living room that we are just beginning the process of redecorating. And... I found some really fun ephemera for kits! We had a really fun day; so nice to get together with friends.






Hope your weekend was a good one too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo glad to see you blogging Tricia :D

Christine said...

Hey - welcome to blog world! So glad you started one, now I have another place to lurk!

Ady said...

I saw you on Ali's blog. Great to see you here. Now, I can chat with you here too...

Bee Rozatti said...

Perfect way to start, just sharing your day!!